There is nothing more important in this world than the education. No amount of progress or development counts if the education is neglected. The welfare of the society depends upon various factors of which education is certainly on top.
Having this thought in mind and inspiration from great men like Dr. Panjabrao alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh (Former Agriculture Minister, GOI & Founder President of Shri Shivaji Education Society) and Padma Vibhushan Bar. Ramrao Deshmukh (Former MP & High Commissioner to South Africa, GOI). All founder member established Vidarbha Youth Welfare Society in 1965 with the aim of providing education to the poor and backward community of this region.
Social work course was introduced in RDIK College, Badnera as a separate faculty in 1978-79. In 1993-94 Social Work Faculty got its new identity as a separate college in Amravati now.
Social Work education was started with following Goals and Objectives:
- To train social workers to take up developmental work and welfare activities.
- To impart qualitative and value-based education in the field of social work.
- To provide a platform to the students by giving them an opportunity to face the challenges of this world with the help of theory as well as practice.
- To build the personality of the students through curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in association with various social, cultural and educational programmes.
- To seek the welfare of the woman, children, youth, aged, rural and tribal as well as handicapped population of this region.
- Nurturing a student's ability to bring out his maximum potential and strengths.
- Extra-curricular activities to help develop the spirit of healthy competition.
- Promoting Indian culture and values and yet maintaining a global outlook.
Qualitative and value-based education is imparted to the students and they are also trained through field work and research to develop themselves to work as an individual and work within the groups.
We also provide a platform to our students by giving them an opportunity to face the challenges of the world. They are also trained to find out the accessibility to work for Human Rights, Aids, Child Labour, Prisoners, Family Councelling, Blinds, Tribals, Slums and other welfare activities.
Though various activities and programmes the hidden potential of the students are located and opportunities are given to them to be in touch with the global environment.